Current Location: La Grande, Oregon
Seeking Land in the Following Counties: Adams (ID), Custer (ID), Idaho (ID), Kootenai (ID), Latah (ID), Lewis (ID), Nez Perce (ID), Payette (ID), Shoshone (ID), Benewah (ID), Teton (ID), Valley (ID), Blaine (ID), Bonner (ID)
Seeking Land Size: Less than 1 acre, 1-5 acres, 6-10 acres, 11-40 acres, 41-100 acres
What types of farming operations are of interest to you?
- Large Animal (eg cattle or sheep)
- Small Animal (eg pigs or poultry)
What farming practices do you plan on using?
Please elaborate on the type(s) of agricultural operation you plan on running:
Primarily a vegetable operation (market garden). I am also interested in expanding to cover crop seed sales, animal products, and perennials. Ideally I want an operation that will localize our food system and make healthy food more accessible to a community. I wish to use regenerative farming practices to improve soil health, sequester carbon, and help community members connect with nature through their food system.
What is your farming/ranching experience?
- 5 years or less farm management
- Other experience/license/agricultural training
Tell us more about your agricultural experiences:
- I have worked on numerous small scale vegetable farms, most recently a no-till, regenerative farm that focuses on soil biology. This well known farm is highly productive and profitable while increasing wildlife populations and reducing water demands on the farm. I specialized in soil science in college and am interested in farming in a bio-intensive system. I have worked with multiple CSA models, farmers markets, and wholesale accounts. I also have experience with mechanical equipment and tools and with NRCS conservation plans.
How many acres are you currently farming/ranching?
Please briefly describe what you grow or raise currently: