Current Location: Middleton, Idaho
Seeking Land in the Following Counties: Ada (ID), Canyon (ID), Gem (ID), Valley (ID)
Seeking Land Size: 1-5 acres, 6-10 acres, 11-40 acres, 41-100 acres
What types of farming operations are of interest to you?
- Large Animal (eg cattle or sheep)
- Small Animal (eg pigs or poultry)
What farming practices do you plan on using?
Please elaborate on the type(s) of agricultural operation you plan on running:
We'd like to operate a closed loop farming system where we grow the business slowly. We'd like to start small with market vegetables/fruits, eggs and value added goods. We would also like to start small with livestock, for our consumption, and progress into marketing meat. A large focus on conservation, soil health and reduced inputs.
What is your farming/ranching experience?
- 5 years or less farm management
- On-farm apprenticeship
- Other experience/license/agricultural training
Tell us more about your agricultural experiences:
- I come from a homesteading background in eastern, Kentucky. I studied 7 years at the University of Kentucky for both graduate and undergraduate school. I have extensive training in a broad range of agriculture and we (my wife and I) ran a 7 acre farm in Kentucky before moving for career opportunities.
How many acres are you currently farming/ranching? 0
Please briefly describe what you grow or raise currently: