Current Location: Ellington, Connecticut
Seeking Land in the Following Counties: All Idaho
Seeking Land Size: 41-100 acres, 101-500 acres, 501+ acres
What types of farming operations are of interest to you?
- Large Animal (eg cattle or sheep)
- Small Animal (eg pigs or poultry)
What farming practices do you plan on using?
Please elaborate on the type(s) of agricultural operation you plan on running:
We're looking to utilize various regenerative practices with a specific focus on restoration agriculture and forest ag. We'll be applying strategies from Mark Shepard, Gabe Brown, and Joel Salatin.
What is your farming/ranching experience?
- 5 years or less farm management
- On-farm apprenticeship
- Other experience/license/agricultural training
Tell us more about your agricultural experiences:
- My experience is primarily in animal husbandry, specifically Alpaca, Goat, and Sheep. While I've not had a farm job, I've spent much of my time over the last four years helping out on two different farms. This involved all herd health, milking/dairy production, feeding, cleaning, farmers market organizing/selling, and shearing. I have a degree in sustainability with a minor in business. My husband and I are both well-versed and well-read in all things regenerative agriculture - which is what we are most passionate about.
How many acres are you currently farming/ranching? 0
Please briefly describe what you grow or raise currently: NA