Counties: Owyhee (ID)
Land Size: 1-5 acres
Acres suitable for agricultural production: 4
- Large Animal (eg cattle or sheep)
- Small Animal (eg pigs or poultry)
What type of farming/ranching practices are currently being used on the property?
What water sources are there on the available property?
- Irrigation System
- Irrigation Ditches/Canals
Are water rights available to these sources? yes.
What are the soil types on your property? silty clay, with organic content in garden area
Are there structures or equipment on the available property?
- Barn or shed for produce - livestock - or equipment storage
- Animal pens
- Other fencing
- Greenhouse(s) or hoophouse(s)
- Irrigation equipment
- Tractor and/or other tools
What arrangements you would consider with a potential land seeker?
- Cropshare (exchanging use of land for access to a portion of what is produced)
Would you be willing to mentor or advise the entering farmer or rancher? Yes. I know a little about farming. Mostly, my contribution is as a geoscientist with knowledge on soil, water and monitoring instrumentation.
In your judgment, which crops/agricultural enterprises are best suited to the available property?